Everyone wants online success, right? But why is it that so few actually live the experience? There are many reasons — buying into the hype, not willing to work hard, not willing to learn… I could go on.
But for those who do reap online rewards there are certain characteristics they all have in common when it comes to having a successful WordPress Web site.
Successful WordPress Site Owners…
- Prioritize Certain Tasks: Understanding what is at the core of your program and what you must do on a regular basis is critical. For example, having a backup system in place and keeping your theme and plugins updated is at the top of that list. (I work on sites every day that do not have a backup process in place!) Excuses of it being too difficult is not something that comes to mind. You realize the importance of protecting your hard work and your online presence.
- Have Professional Communication Skills: You respond to comments (and site inquiries) promptly (if not sooner) in a courteous, professional and educated manner. This goes for your social media interaction too.
- Scheduling and Follow Through: You post regularly with content your site visitors will value in a tone that talks to them — not at them. You leave out all the narcissistic hyperbole you see on so many other sites that is of no value to site visitors. You freely and willingly share your knowledge and expertise knowing doing so lends to your credibility and authority without you having to be braggadocios.
- Are Expert Listeners: You learned a long time ago that everything you ever need to know to be successful can be found if you take the wax out of your ears. You relish the tremendous insights into what direction you should go, what content you should add and what you need to plan for by being keenly aware of what your market is discussing. If customers or site visitors ask you the same questions more than once you take note and add the topic to your FAQ and/or posting schedule.
- Embrace Knowledge Acquisition: That’s fancy-schmancy for being open to learning and the frustration that goes with that. You understand that technology isn’t going to wait or slow just for you so you hop on the train and hang on for the ride. You read, review, test, tune and try new concepts, programs, software, plugins, themes — whatever it takes — so that you remain on the edge. Yeah, that can be as frustrating as hell, but you know this is how you can keep ahead of your perceived competitors while contributing to your inevitable success.
Can you integrate the above characteristics?
If you cannot minimally acquire the above characteristics, you really should not expect any realistic level of success. Online is not a forgiving environment — as a matter of fact it is now one of the most brutally competitive business arenas that exists.
If you approach your program by keeping these five characteristics front and center and do your very best to do your best — you will enjoy results. Don’t claim you are “trying” — become a doer and do! That is the ultimate characteristic of a successful WordPress site owner!
At your service,