If you’ve been poking around my site you may have noticed:
White Glove Support for Extraordinary Netrepreneurs
You might have thought, what exactly does that mean? Read on…
adjective: extraordinary; adjective: extra-ordinary
1. very unusual or remarkable.
Very unusual or remarkable?
How about both! I’ve been at this for 23 years and during this time-frame and all that experience several patterns formed …
- Most folks are not up to the challenge that online success requires. It is much more difficult and requires a level of commitment that surprises and frustrates pretty much every onliner (including myself at times). From the knowledge and skill acquisition that is necessary, to the application of techniques and strategies that need to be applied to reach their goals.
- When reality hits them in the back of the head, it’s time to embrace and evolve. Too many do not. In my experience 6 out of 10 onliners just want things to “happen” and for the least amount of money and effort possible. Not very extraordinary, right? Put up a site, add an eStore and the orders flow in. If only it were that easy. But it isn’t.
- An extraordinary few are wise enough to acknowledge what their technology weak points are. Coincidentally these are the same netrepreneurs that appreciate the value in partnerships with proven professionals to handle what they don’t have the time or desire to learn or embrace. This frees them up to run their business — what they truly enjoy and do best!
The goal is not to do business with everybody who needs what you have. The goal is to do business with people who believe what you believe.
Extraordinary Netrepreneurs Evolve
When I first started out I tried to be everything to everyone. As I evolved with technology, it became clear that for the level of customer service and support I knew website owners would need, that I could no longer follow that path.
So I specialized. Not only for the good of my business, but just as much for the benefit of my clients. I specialized in my niche as well as the type of clients I knew could benefit from and would appreciate the uncommon skill-set, knowledge and support that I have to offer. That created a win-win for both sides.
WordPress and White Glove Support
When WordPress was created I knew WordPress would be the solution for the business owners I worked with. At one time or another each had voiced their desire to have the ability to add and modify content on their websites without having to know any code (or rely on a third party to do so for them). That was over 15 years ago.
As technology continued to steamroll ahead, keeping up with updates, security issues, social media, best practices, SEO and marketing trends became overwhelming for my clients. All that in addition to running their businesses resulted in their website responsibilities becoming something they avoided.
Anyone can quit when the going is hard, but a thoroughbred never quits until he wins.
The going is always hard on the road to greatness. If success were easy, everyone would achieve it. NFL All-Pro lineman Brian Holloway recalled that when he was playing for the New England Patriots and the Los Angeles Raiders, there wasn’t a single day when he didn’t feel like giving up because the road was too tough and the sacrifices were too great. He didn’t quit, of course; he was willing to pay the price because he was determined to succeed. True thoroughbreds never quit. Competition only spurs them, and obstacles merely reinforce their determination to succeed. If you have not yet achieved greatness in your life, it is because you have been willing to settle for less. You may not cross the finish line first every time you try, but if you stay in the race, you will eventually prevail.
~ Napoleon Hill
What resulted were lost rankings, hacked sites, lack of inquiries and with that huge levels of frustration. They learned the hard way that online is not a build it and they will come. Then, an overall malaise set in.
Sound familiar? Enter my White Glove Support.
The terminology “White Glove Service” produces images of high-end personnel wearing white gloves offering personalized support and exceeding customer expectations. Some do not want or feel they need White Glove level support. That’s fine. But for those who do, that is the level of service and support that I offer.
The downside is that offering this level of one-on-one support naturally means that, being I am only one person with the same number of hours in each day, opportunities are limited.
Are You Extraordinary and Remarkable?
If you’ve read this far, chances you are!
- Are you brave enough to what is necessary to have the best website possible?
- Do you choose your website services based on quality first?
- Can you fearlessly embrace new concepts?
- Will you carve out time to learn new skills?
- Can you welcome constructive criticism?
- Do you have the potential to be extraordinary and remarkable?
If you answered with a resounding “Yes!” to the above questions, you are (or have the potential to be) one of those unusual remarkable extraordinary netrepreneurs! You just need a partner to rely on so you have the information and guidance you need to experience ROI.
Desire is the key to motivation, but it’s determination and commitment to an unrelenting pursuit of your goal – a commitment to excellence – that will enable you to attain the success you seek.
~ Mario Andretti
Tell me about your project and let’s get to work!
At your service,