Your Mentor, Muse, and Biggest Fan
The Short Story…
I’ve been “doing online” since 1995. I’m an accomplished, good-humored, surprisingly non-geeky WordPress Consultant and Business Coach who doesn’t take herself too seriously, even after 28 years.
I am your mentor, muse, and biggest fan if you are committed to success.
Always putting ethics, integrity, and reality front and center.
I’m not in the business of denying myself the simple pleasure of saying true things.
Now, the Longer Version…
I opened the first “Internet Studio” in a sleepy town on the IL/WI border in 1995 and have been doing business online ever since. Back then, I was known as the “crazy Internet lady.” Waaay, ahead of my time!
Many folks weren’t ready to embrace this new technology and assumed the Internet was just a bastion of credit card fraud and adult entertainment. But I saw a diamond in the rough.
A domain, a server, and a little HTML and CGI were all you needed to put up an effective “web site.” Now, “websites” are much more complicated in code and site-owner-required skills and responsibilities.
Then WordPress was created in 2003. That was when I decided to focus on being the best WordPress Consultant and business coach I could be.
I decided not to hang with the “in crowds” or try to be everything to everyone long ago. This approach has allowed me to evolve and grow with technology while not being held back by “group think” or what the latest experts claim is the “latest thing” du jour.
Build it, and they will come…
Getting found and exposed to your target market no longer by osmosis. A passive approach (“build it and they will come”) is not good enough. Instead, online success requires aggressive involvement and investment to succeed.
Because of the dramatic shift in required client engagement, I am no longer building new from scratch WordPress websites. Instead, I laser focus on a whole-site approach for established WordPress websites. You get a WordPress Consultant and a WordPress Coach at the same time.
This approach gives my clients the unique opportunity to gain a comprehensive list of skills, strategies, and methodologies necessary to experience ROI. And have my full attention.
A Little Personal Stuff…
I was born and raised in Chicago. After living on the Chain O’Lakes in northern Illinois for 15 years, we left the rat race, high taxes, and traffic that came with living up north and moved off the grid.
I now live the simple life in Mississippi with some acreage on a lake in the middle of “nowheresville” (seriously), with a very cool husband, a U.S. Air Force Veteran. My constant companion is my Silky Terrier, Mina.
17 tidbits that make me who I am …
- My fondest childhood memory is seeing Marshall Field’s Christmas windows in downtown Chicago.
- Got my first job at 16 as a burger flipper at Yankee Doodle Dandy.
- I took three years of Latin in High School.
- My first car was a midnight blue ’67 Montego. I loved that car!
- I really enjoy making jewelry.
- In my previous life, I was a Capacitor and Resistor Sales Engineer.
- Had my own cobalt blue Harley Davidson Sportster. Those were the days…
- I love black and white movies of all kinds — especially horror.
- CompuServe on a 4800 baud modem was my first foray into the online world. Talk about being mesmerized!
- I wish I had more time to read and the space to store hard-cover books. I like the way they feel in my hands.
- My favorite food group is cheese.
- I always wanted to see the Pyramids in Egypt — that won’t happen.
- I’m half Greek and half Italian. Best of both worlds!
- I was once on the pit crew for a 10-second Camaro Drag Car.
- My signature dish is Garlic Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo.
- I own more domain names than I know what to do with.
- My favorite verse: Strength and dignity are her clothing; she smiles at the future. ~ Proverbs 31:25
A Partner You Can Rely on that Walks the Walk…
I’ve been crafting websites and running online businesses longer than most and have gone through all the challenges technology throws at anyone who wants to participate. So I can confidently say that I’ve “been there, done that” with most things online—the frustrating and fun alike.
I take each client’s success personally, and you can count on me as your WordPress Consultant to bring a sense of reality, excitement, and vision to your WordPress program. We’ll question everything — together. I’ll also provide pep talks and reality checks when needed.
I’m here to help you thrive, even if that contradicts all that “fast, cheap & easy” noise that is prevalent online and wastes your time and hard-earned money. I have a terrible habit of challenging the status quo from self-proclaimed experts and gurus who are out just to make a buck. This serves to identify the endless possibilities that are around every corner.
Dependable Personalized Coaching Based on Real-World Experience
It will be challenging to find a more trustworthy partner with better customer service who has your back covered on all the issues you need to be aware of, concerned about, and often don’t even know to exist.
But with that comes a word of caution.
I will not always say what you prefer to hear. Nor will I tailor my advice to concepts or processes I know do not work or are not ethical.
White Glove WordPress Consulting and Business Support
It is personalized, prompt, and professional. Nothing less will do.
When you work with me, you can rest assured that when a dilemma arises, a perceived problem pops up, or if you are just plain old frustrated, I am here to answer your questions and address your concerns.
I have a particular set of skills that can help you succeed online. From WordPress optimization, security, and SEO monitoring to online business best practices and guiding you on creating content for your Blog.
If you are willing to learn, embrace the possibilities, and work harder than ever before, you’ve come to the right place. All my experience is…
At your service,
Your WordPress Consultant
My Pet Projects:
- TheIStudio.com: You Are Here (WordPress Site)
- NetManners.com: Everyday Email Etiquette (WordPress Site)
- BusinessEmailEtiquette.com: Technology & Email Etiquette for Professionals (WordPress Site)
- My Hubby’s Site: Paracord Paul (WordPress and WooCommerce Site)