Your Mentor, Muse and Biggest Fan
The Short Story…
I’ve been “doing online” since 1995. I’m an accomplished good-humored, surprisingly non-geeky WordPress Consultant and Business Coach who doesn’t take herself too seriously. Even after 27 years.
If you are committed to your success I am your mentor, muse, and biggest fan.
Always putting ethics, integrity, and reality front and center.
I’m not in the business of denying myself the simple pleasure of saying true things.
Now, the Longer Version…
I opened the first “Internet Studio” in a sleepy town on the IL/WI border in 1995 and have been doing business online ever since. Back then, I was known as the “crazy Internet lady.” Waaay, ahead of my time!
Many folks weren’t ready to embrace this new technology and assumed the Internet was just a bastion of credit card fraud and adult entertainment. But I saw a diamond in the rough.
A domain, a server, and a little HTML and CGI were all you needed to put up an effective “web site.” Now, “websites” are much more complicated not just in code but in site-owner-required skills and responsibilities.
Then WordPress was created. It was then that I decided to focus on being the best WordPress Consultant and business coach I could be.
Build it, and they will come…
Getting found and exposed to your target market no longer happens by osmosis. A passive approach (“build it and they will come”) is not good enough. Instead, online success requires aggressive involvement and investment to succeed.
Because of the dramatic shift in required client engagement, I am no longer building new WordPress websites (except for myself and my current clientele). Instead, I laser focus on a whole-site approach for established WordPress websites. Thus, not only as a WordPress Consultant but an Online Business Coach.
This approach provides my clients the unique opportunity to gain a comprehensive list of skills, strategies, and methodologies necessary to experience ROI. And have my full attention.
I decided not to hang with the “in crowds” or try to be everything to everyone long ago. This approach has allowed me to evolve and grow with technology while not being held back by “group think” or what the latest experts claim are the tactics du jour.
A Little Personal Stuff…
I was born and raised in Chicago. After living on the Chain O’Lakes in northern Illinois for 15 years, we decided to leave the rat race, high taxes, and traffic that came with living up north and moved off the grid.
I now live the simple life in Mississippi with some acreage on a lake out in the middle of “nowheresville” (seriously), with a very cool husband, a U.S. Air Force Veteran. My constant companion is my Silky Terrier, Mina.
From the start, I’ve always believed in giving back. That’s why I donate my services to U.S. Military Veterans. You can also find me helping folks on forums and groups when I have some free “give-back” time.
17 tidbits that make me who I am …
- My fondest childhood memory: Going to see the Marshall Field’s Christmas windows in downtown Chicago.
- Got my first job at 16 as a burger flipper at Yankee Doodle Dandy.
- I took three years of Latin in High School.
- My first car was a midnight blue ’67 Montego. I loved that car!
- I enjoy flea markets and antique malls.
- In my previous life, I was a Capacitor and Resistor Sales Engineer.
- Had my own azure blue Harley Davidson Sportster. Those were the days…
- I love black and white movies of all kinds — especially horror.
- CompuServe on a 4800 baud modem was my first foray into the online world. Talk about being mesmerized!
- I wish I had more time to read and the space to store hard-cover books. I like the way they feel in my hands.
- My favorite food group is cheese.
- I always wanted to see the Pyramids in Egypt — that’s not going to happen.
- I’m half Greek and half Italian. Best of both worlds!
- Was once on the pit crew for a 10-second Camaro Drag Car.
- My signature dish is Garlic Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo.
- I own tons of domain names (yes, I have a project idea for every single one of them!).
- My favorite verse: Strength and dignity are her clothing, and she smiles at the future. ~ Proverbs 31:25
A Partner You Can Rely on that Walks the Walk…
I’ve been successfully crafting websites and running online businesses longer than most and have gone through all the challenges technology throws at anyone who wants to participate. So I can say with confidence that I’ve “been there, done that” with most things online—the frustrating and fun alike.
I take each client’s success personally, and you can count on me as your WordPress Consultant to bring a sense of reality, excitement, and vision to your WordPress program. We’ll question everything — together. I’ll also provide pep talks and reality checks when needed.
I’m here to help you thrive, even if that contradicts all that “fast, cheap & easy” noise that is prevalent online and wastes your time and hard-earned money. I have a terrible habit of challenging the status quo from self-proclaimed experts and gurus to make a buck. This serves to identify the endless possibilities that are around every corner.
Dependable Personalized Support Based on Real-World Experience
It will be challenging to find a more trustworthy partner with better customer service who has your back covered on all the issues you need to be aware of, concerned about, and often don’t even know to exist.
But with that comes a word of caution.
I will not always say what you prefer to hear. Nor will I tailor my advice to concepts or processes I know do not work or are not ethical.
White Glove WordPress Consulting and Business Support
It is personalized, prompt, and professional. Nothing less will do.
When you work with me, you can rest assured that when a dilemma arises, a perceived problem pops up or if you are just plain old frustrated, I am here to answer your questions and address your concerns.
I have a particular set of skills that can help you succeed online. From WordPress setup to optimization, security, and SEO monitoring to online business best practices and guiding you on how to create content for your Blog (see what I’ve written for GoDaddy). All my experience is “at your service.”
If you are willing to learn, embrace the possibilities and work harder than ever before, you’ve come to the right place.
At your service,
Your WordPress Consultant
- TheIStudio.com: You Are Here (WordPress Site)
- En Gratis WordPress Help for U.S. Military Veterans
- NetManners.com: Everyday Email Etiquette (WordPress Site)
- BusinessEmailEtiquette.com: Technology & Email Etiquette for Professionals (WordPress Site)
- My Hubby’s Site: Paracord Paul (WordPress and WooCommerce Site)