In 1994 I was one of the first “Web designers” and with that came great responsibility. From the start and still to this day, I have horror stories relayed to me by clients about consultants, developers and service providers that are not, let's say, completely forthright in order to get into their pocket books.
In every industry or field there will be those who will knowingly take advantage of what clients don't know to make a buck.
That's why I've always taken a different approach.
Knowledge is Power
You cannot be taken advantage of if those you partner with take the time to provide you with the information you need (but may not know to ask about). Nor will you be put at risk if those you work with do not “sell” to you based on their income potential but based on only what you need and what can be trusted to work. For you.
From the start (25 years and running), I've managed my business by this Code of Ethics:
My Code of Ethics
- You will receive my Modus Operandi in writing and in advance of any services being rendered so that my terms of engagement are clear and on hand for future reference.
- Our relationship will have the strictest level of confidentiality. Any and all information shared with me will be for my eyes only.
- I will never misrepresent my skills or ability to be of service. (See below…)
- You will receive prompt, courteous and detailed responses to your email inquiries.
- At no time will a product or service be offered that I have not used or will not use on my very own sites.
- Every client will be provided the truth and reality of what will be involved for their project to thrive.
- Misinformation and/or unrealistic expectations will be addressed and corrected immediately.
- If a request is outside of my “wheelhouse” or I do not have the available bandwidth that your project deserves, I will advise that up front.
While some of the above is not asked for, and yes, sometimes not welcomed, it is how I roll.
I do not prop up unrealistic expectations or cater to the free and easy mentality that is so prevalent online. Succeeding online is difficult and it isn't getting any easier. By embracing what is required to reach your goals only then do you have the best chance for success.
Now that you know my core ethics, knowing where I am unable to be of service is just as important.
Services I Do Not Offer
While I can provide advice and guidance on the following topics, I do not formally offer these services.
- New WordPress website creation or setup (only for established clientele).
- Support or for websites built in Drupal, Joomla and other Content Management Systems (CMS).
- Support for WordPress websites created with web builder applications (Divi (aff), WPBakery, Elementor (aff), Fusion Builder, Beaver Builder, etc.)
- Keyword analysis & AB testing.
- Ongoing Social media program strategy implementation.
- Advanced integration and modifications of custom databases and APIs.
Always tell the truth. Then you don't have to remember anything.
~ Mark Twain
I pledge to be your unwavering advocate and guidepost to online prosperity!
At your service,