Keeping your site up-to-date and secure is something that, while extremely important, intimidates many site owners. It can be tedious and technical — so let me handle this task for you.
White Glove Service
Unlike many other services that are all software automated, I will personally handle all the maintenance and updates for you. This makes sure your site is on top of the latest updates and security warnings. You can rest assured that your site will always be running on the newest stable version of WordPress. This is important for security reasons, and it also allows you to benefit from new features being introduced regularly.
The Internet can be a dangerous place, let me help you protect your site.
Not having to worry about technicalities frees you up to have more time to run your business. You’ll have more time to create content and market your site. Who doesn’t want the opportunity to gain more time to actually run their business?
WordPress Backup, Updating and Site Review Services
One Time Back-up Update Catch-up Service
- WordPress and Plugin Updates: WordPress usually rolls out major updates a couple times each year, with minor updates being released as needed to address bugs and include additional security hardening. Themes and plugins also update however, these updates are much less predictable and can happen at any time. Most times due to adding new features, bug fixes and yes, security hardening as well. When updating your site, I’ll also double-check if the plugins you have installed keep up to date with the current version of WordPress. If not, I’ll include some alternative plugin recommendations.
- Backups: I’ll personally backup your site and store the files on my side. This creates an off-site (not on your server) and secure copy in case you need it. Backup includes your database, XML file, theme files and core WordPress configuration files specific to your site settings.
Cost depends on how outdated and how much catching up we have to do! I’ll login to your dashboard and poke around and let you know what will be involved.
My Monthly Subscription Maintenance/Optimization Package:
When WordPress updates, in addition to addressing all of the above, you need not do a thing. You’ll know that I will login, backup everything and update WordPress for you!
My subscription package also includes:
- Tracking & Reporting: I’ll look at your server logs and/or Google Analytics. I’ll supply a short review of the data provided such as popular pages, visitor duration, exit points, platforms, search engine visits…
- Site Review: With each monthly update, I’ll do a quick once over through your site. Then offer suggestions in a PDF report that you can put to work right away to improve your site. Including suggestions from Webmaster Tools about any errors or 404s and information I think you should consider moving forward. This will help to keep you on track and focused on important variables!
- Brainstorming Consulting: Want to discuss your report? Need a tweak or two? We’ll schedule a call to discuss your report and my recommendations!
The monthly program provides peace of mind combined with a little extra monthly coaching, direction and business intelligence based on current trends that I see forming and technology evolution — which I study daily! If you prefer more frequent updates/service you can upgrade at any time.
Google Integration: If not already in place, we’ll have to integrate Google Analytics and get your site verified with Webmaster Tools first which is not included in the above. This is so we can keep track of any issues or recommendations from Google. I review your Google Analytics data each month and provide the most pertinent traffic charts and data in your monthly PDF. You can also let me know the data you are most interested in tracking and I’ll make that part of your monthly briefing.
Contact me about getting your site secured and updated!