You’ve got to have a blog. Having a blog gives you the platform to share your expertise which will gain trust and interest with potential customers.
Adding fresh helpful content to your website on a consistent basis also garners favor with those evil search engines. Yes, I said it. Evil.
When you realize search engines don’t give two hoots about you or your site’s rankings or success, you can then proceed realistically. So evil tends to make the point.
In my little world — I’m all about WordPress. I love it and my clients love it. WordPress gives them the control and flexibility to add and modify content on their own without being tied to a developer or consultant.
I was surprised to read that as of May/2017 only 28.2% of websites are on WordPress. I thought it would be much more! There are still 71.8% of you out there that are still not on WordPress? Can you give me a couple minutes to try and convince you to make the move?
The main reason is you can update or add content to your site yourself. No need to use a lick of code. All you have to do is create and write! Adding your own site content is something I’ve been asked for the ability to do by every client since I started my business over 20 years ago.
Are you any different? I didn’t think so…
I’ll share with you today the benefits of moving your site to the WordPress platform:
Design, Maintenance and Feature Integration:
- No need to pay a developer $1000s just to have a feature-rich contemporary responsive website design.
- You are not limited by any “builders” setup, ability to customize, layout, features (or lack thereof).
- Customizing a theme is as simple as integrating your logo or header graphic.
- Easy integration of slideshows or portfolios.
- Customizing the color scheme or fonts are simple too.
- Adding subscribe forms and feed links so visitors can easily add you to their list.
- Add the option for site visitors to be notified of new posts by email.
- Create logical categories and subcategories to keep your site/Blog organized.
- Add or modify content by logging in and typing away!
- Easily add videos to your site/Blog. Upload to YouTube, insert the provided embed code.
- Include your promos or AdSense in the sidebar of every page.
- Add CAPTCHA to minimize form and comment spam.
- Social Networking widget(s) so your post can be easily exposed to popular networks.
- Google Site Map creation.
- Integrate SEO tools to optimize your posts with search engines.
- There are literally thousands of WordPress Plugins for you to integrate into your Blog!
Again, you can do all the above yourself without having to “know code”!
Benefits of having a WordPress Site and Blog?
- Post daily tips and information to your target market or customers.
- Use your Blog as a product or service update center where visitors know to check-in for status.
- Share your expertise and become a hub for useful posts on your product/service/topic.
- Search Engines love Blogs because the content is fresh and constantly updated!
- You can have a subscribe option so that interested visitors can get notified when you post.
- Use Revenue Ads to get residual income from PPC targeted advertisers.
- Easily add links to your Website’s important information and other resource sites of value.
- Interactive nature allows visitors to post comments on each post. (Great way to get feedback on what your next move should be!)
- Professionally created themes are available to cater to your business personality and industry.
I have had and worked on Blogs on numerous platforms; Joomla, Drupal, Blogger, TypePad, and WordPress. By far the platform I have found the easiest, most intuitive, user friendly and most versatile for my clients is WordPress.
Need more convincing? Check out 100 Famous Brands that use WordPress!
And I practice what I preach — all of my sites are on WordPress!
My WordPress Websites
Besides this very site, my E-mail Etiquette and Business E-mail Etiquette Blogs are on WordPress. And my husband’s website and eStore which are on WordPress using WooCommerce. eCom doesn’t get any easier than Woo!
And I have a few more always on my idea board!
At your service,