It’s Alive! It’s Aliiiiiivvvvvve!
These little tid-bits, my pretties, are just a few of the small excruciating details that can make the difference as to whether your visitors run for the hills or feel it is worth sticking around.
Are your site visitors screaming in glee or agony over your WordPress site? Do they have the urge to brush away cobwebs or run EVP (Electronic Voice Phenomena) sessions to see if there is any activity going on that they may be missing?
Being it is Halloween, I would like to present to you the scariest WordPress Boo-Boos that make site visitors wonder if the site owner is a WordPress Zombie!
While all of these scary things are common sense, it is almost bone-chilling that I still run into sites that seem to be hell bent on convincing their site visitors that there is no life to be found.
Are You Scaring Your WordPress Site Visitors to death?
- We haven’t posted for weeks or months and posts that are there are so outdated they are starting to decay. Or, there is no Blog at all!
- When it comes to social media we are the invisible man. Are you locked in a dungeon? Even if you are a vampire you can “do social” out of the sunlight or at night when you can find the time to come alive.
- Every post is a “look at me” promotional hypey-sales-pitchy rant with no value to site visitors. Is the site owner possessed?
- Photos or graphics are not carefully chosen, appropriately sized and laid out to compliment posts. Do your posts look like they were created by Dr. Frankenstein?
- Posts are filled with typos and grammatical errors. Hey, we all make mistakes but in some cases it is clear we aren’t even proofreading. Another sign of a WordPress Zombie!
- Site visitor comments get no response or acknowledgement whatsoever. Do site visitors need a K2 EMF Meter to see if there are any measurements of ambient (surrounding) electromagnetic fields?
- You’re on an outdated version of WordPress and haven’t backed up lately — err, ever. You’ll be screaming like a banshee when your site crashes or is hacked!
- You make site visitors practically have to start a paranormal investigation to find contacts forms and information. I see this on some of the top WP sites. Makes you want to scream bloody murder!
- You host your site on a hosting platform that does not cater to WordPress with tech support that doesn’t know WordPress. Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek!
- We have not secured our site from being possessed by ghosts and ghouls. Simply chilling.
A quote from one of my favorite scary movies, The Shining:
Some places are like people: some shine and some don’t.
Don’t be frightened if you have a site that has any of this scary stuff going on — eat some Halloween candy, get a sugar buzz and go make your site shine!
At your service,