You’ve got your WordPress site up and running, all your social media in place, you’re Blogging and commenting and updating the items you have for sale. Now all you have to do is wait for the orders. If only it were that easy, right?
This is the the week where the frazzle-factor begins to build exponentially. Planning ahead helps to minimize any unnecessary stress — but now we’re down to the wire.
Here’s a quick checklist of some last minute things to consider the week before Thanksgiving to make sure you can make the most of the upcoming Holiday season.
- Create Holiday graphics to be incorporated into your site. “Holidizing” your site is not only fun but let’s site visitors know that you are there and involved in your site.
- Create special last-minute offers for current customers to make them feel special.
- Create another mailing to send after the first Holiday rush so your customers know about deals, discounts or specials that you will have through the end of the year.
- Be sure to post any special Holiday hours, more importantly “in time for Christmas” shipping modes and dates, prominently on your site.
- Add Live Chat to your site for the Holidays — great way to close a sale!
- For social media sites having an eye catching graphic noting your deals will help your update get noticed. Due to Facebook’s latest change in how streams are viewed cool graphics are even more important. Think visual when you think social media!
- Stop right now and go through your inventory, supplies (packing, office) and of course business cards to make sure you have enough of everything on hand through the end of the year.
- Be prepared to answer e-mails as promptly and professionally as possible. While I preach this applies every day of the year, during the Holidays even more so. You don’t want to risk a potential sale going to a competitor due to a delayed response to their questions.
- Think about adding Holiday greetings with every order. Including a little greeting card with your shipments helps to build long term repeat customer relationships.
- Signing up with a site security service that checks your site and displays a “Trust Seal” showing your site is secure helps to give that little extra warm fuzzy that you are not a fly-by-nite. Credibility and trust lends to more contacts/sales!
This is an important time of year for many online businesses who hope to gain sales that our economic conditions may have caused folks to delay until now. Let’s make this is a profitable Holiday season for all!
At your service,