First… page down to the bottom of this post and be in awe of my author box then come back…
Fancy-schmancy, huh? The moment I read about the Fanciest Author Box plugin, I had to have it! You can customize pretty much everything from the color scheme to the tabs. You can even add a custom tab for a freebie, eBook or promotion you are offering.
The Fanciest Author Premium WordPress Plugin Features include:
- Widgetized for sidebar or any widget area use.
- Shortcode to embed in pages or posts.
- Template tag — all bases are covered!
- Translation ready (see how you can translate it to your own language).
- Ability to set your own color scheme using color pickers or by adding specific hex codes yourself.
- Random author option for widgets — great for multi-author Blogs.
- Automatically added before or after (or both!) on your posts, pages and custom post types. I think above and below is over-kill — but the feature is there if you want it.
- Option to show it in your RSS feeds — I love this — looks very trick at the end of your post e-mails!
Widgets for Major Social Networks:
- Twitter bio, latest tweet
- Facebook like & subscribe
- Google+ add to circles button & rel=author verification (read FAQ section)
- LinkedIn widget
- Custom HTML tab
The setup was very easy and is literally “the only author box plugin you’ll every need!”. Before installing go to your Profile at Users > Your Profile and make sure all your social media information is in place and ready to go. Once installed you’ll find the Fancy Author Box settings in the Tools menu in the left sidebar of your WordPress dashboard.
When I write about a plugin here, I use it for a couple weeks to see how things work, if there are any problems or bugs. Nothing to report with this plugin other than I just love the way it looks and works!
Being “Premium” there is a cost — wait for it…. Only $10! Isn’t it time for you to become a Fancy Schmancy Author too?
At your service,